SOCIAL MEDIA

Universal Studios Japan

Tuesday 11 October 2016
Hi guys! So I recently got back from a week in Japan, and one of the big highlights of the trip was our day at Universal Studios! I've actually never been to a theme park before, so this was a super exciting day for me-plus who could not be excited about Harry Potter World?! I thought I'd share a few of my photos and stories with you all before I manage to forget it all in crazy pre-exam stress!





When we got through the gates we basically made a beeline straight for Harry Potter World! They had the music from the movies playing and it was honestly the most magical experience walking through the forest and into Hogsmeade. The snow on the rooftops did feel somewhat out of place as it was so hot and humid, but I couldn't have cared less!


Somehow we didn't realise that you can go into Hogwarts and that there's a ride in there, and I'm so gutted I missed out on that! Rookie error not researching everything properly before I went-I will definitely have to go again sometime. We tried (frozen) Butterbeer which was so good but not quite as I expected-although I'm not exactly sure what I expected! I bought myself a Hufflepuff mug to bring home (house pride for the win!). I really wanted a wand or a Hufflepuff scarf but everything was just so much more expensive than I expected. Next time I will definitely save up beforehand as I know I'm going to want to blow all my money on Harry Potter merchandise!


After Harry Potter World, we wandered around for a while and ended up in the Jurassic Park area. As someone who has always loved dinosaurs (I used to want to be a paleontologist) this was great fun for me! We went on Jurassic Park: The Ride which basically involved a boat ride which got out of hand rather quickly. Sadly I don't have any photos of it (I wasn't game to get my phone out on a water ride!) but there's plenty of videos on Youtube that will give you a pretty good idea. We thought about going on the Flying Dinosaur ride but weren't exactly keen on waiting a whole 3 hours to get on it-although it looked incredible(ly terrifying!)



The other ride we went on was the Hollywood Dream rollercoaster-my first ever rollercoaster! I still can't quite believe I did it as I'm seriously the biggest scaredy cat when it comes to rides but somehow I managed it! It was super fun but way too short of course-I was just getting brave enough to let go of my harness and put my hands in the air just as the ride stopped! I'd definitely love to go on it again as I feel like I could properly enjoy it the second time round. 


All in all it was a fantastic day of magic, fangirling and adrenaline that I would do again in a heartbeat! I would definitely recommend taking along a hat and some snacks though!

Have you been to Universal? What theme park would you go to if you had the choice?
Kate x

1 comment :

  1. Looks amazing!! Will have to add it to my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete