SOCIAL MEDIA

February Favourites

Tuesday 1 March 2016

My goodness, how is February gone already?! My February has mostly been made up of starting back at uni and suffering with a horrible cold that seems to go on and on without any end in sight! This may explain why a lot of my favourites this month were mostly super-easy beauty items for my somewhat lazy, sick self...

My first favourite for this month was a fairly recent purchase. It's the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Eye Color Pencil in 03-Smoky Taupe. As you'll probably be able to work out from the rest of my favourites, this month has been all about simple, neutral makeup products that are easy to apply and wear while still giving my face a pep up! This eyeshadow pencil is just amazing-it has great colour payoff, giving your eyes a little bit of sparkle without being over the top, and it also lasts for ages! I can't think of a better combination for a busy uni student!
From L-R: Revlon Colorburst, L'Oreal Eye Color Pencil,
Maybelline Color Tattoo

My second favourite for this month was the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in 70-Barely Branded. As you can see in the swatch, it's a much lighter shade than the L'Oreal pencil, and takes a bit more building if you want it to be very obvious. It's a lovely shimmery shade though, and is also really long lasting! I've seen a lot of people use it as an eyeshadow base and I think it works really well as that too.

My third makeup favourite for this month was the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 230-Complex. I've wanted to try these for so long, so I was really excited when I got my hands on this one! At first I actually didn't think the colour worked very well on me, it applies as a very light colour on the lips, but after a little while it seems to settle and come out as a lovely neutral shade (not as dark as the photo would make you think!) It's been my go-to lip product for the last couple of weeks, i've been wearing it almost every day and loving it! It also has a really cooling feel on your lips-I think it must have menthol in it or something similar, which was a quite unexpected but nice bonus!

My next favourite is a recent discovery of mine that I know everyone else has known about literally forever, but for some reason I had never tried dry shampoo before! I am now a complete convert, this batiste dry shampoo smells amazing and has saved me over and again when I find myself without the time to wash my hair!

This Original Source Vanilla and Raspberry shower gel has been a long term favourite of mine that I've recently rediscovered. No matter that it says that it's vanilla and raspberry scented, I am 100% convinced that it smells like a strawberry milkshake (which I LOVE, btw), and it's so smooth and moisturising...what more could you want in a shower gel?!

My last two favourites for the month are quite possibly the best of them all, and I think they go quite well together! First up is the Butterbear bath bomb from Lush. I got a pack of 6 of these bath bombs for christmas and have been obsessed with them ever since! They smell divine and make you skin feel so gorgeous, they're just so good! I'm not sure about you guys, but whenever I'm sick I always have twice as many baths as I would usually, so these have been cheering me up big time!



Last but not least, these little battery-powered copper lamps that I purchased from a little lighting boutique called Delight Decor are the perfect accompaniment to set the mood for a nice relaxing bath! They currently live on the vanity shelf in my bathroom where they reflect off the mirror at night and look so incredibly gorgeous! I'm so in love with them!


I hope you all had a wonderful February and that March brings you all the sunshine and happiness you could dream of! 
Kate x

2 comments :

  1. I have wanted to buy a full size version of the batiste dry shampoo in awhile now! I can never seem to find it ?! Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those lights, too cute! I wish I had picked up some of the copper ones when I saw them at IKEA ages ago. Also, the body wash sounds like it smells ah-mazing! Love it! Great post :)

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete