SOCIAL MEDIA

My Five Dream Travel Destinations

Sunday 22 May 2016

This post began as a bucket list of all the things I'd love to do in the future, however I got to the first point (travel everywhere!) and couldn't seem to stop writing, so my travel dreams are getting a post all of their own!

I was brought up in a family that absolutely loves to travel-I've had a passport since I was 18 months old and we've never really lived in the same place for long!  The result of this has been that I am well and truly stuck with the travel bug and I'm continually dreaming of where I can go next... So, without further ado, here are the 5 destinations that are at the top of my (immeasurably long!) list of places I want to travel!

1. UK
I couldn't pick just one country so I cheated a little...I have so many places I'd love to go here, mainly places that I have heard about from my father (he's from England) or heard about in songs, movies and books. I absolutely love Irish music and would love to spend some time there admiring the scenery! The same goes for Scotland as well-I have so many places I want to go there that I don't have any clue where to start! I think I'd need to spend at least a year in the UK just to go to all the places I've dreamt about! We're actually going to England this Christmas so hopefully I'll get to tick at least a few places off the list!

2. Peru
I love hiking and ancient history fascinates me, so the thought of hiking the Inca Trail and seeing Machu Picchu makes me extremely excited! I have always said I'll go there one day!

3. India
The colours, the people, the culture....it all just seems so different and magical! I know I'd be totally out of my comfort zone there....but there's a saying that goes 'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone' and I totally agree! Outside of your comfort zone is where the most glorious lessons are learnt!

4. Italy
Does anyone else happen to be following Brooke from World of Wanderlust on snapchat? She's in Italy at the moment and I am seriously drooling with jealousy over all the gorgeous places she's going! Aside from the amazing scenery and food, I'd also love to visit historical places such as the Colosseum and Pompeii-like I said, I'm a total nerd for ancient history!

5. Canada
I actually lived in Canada when I was four but sadly I can't remember it! I have such a thing for hiking and mountainous scenery though, so I definitely want to go back and explore absolutely everywhere! It just looks so stunning in every single photo I see!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Where do you want to travel next?
Kate x

4 comments :

  1. I'm from England I definitely recommend coming here for a visit! I went to Venice when I was young so I'd love to go back and to the rest of Italy. Great post lovely!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy is on my list! :) I've been to Canada a few times and I love it! It's such a big country so I definitely want to go back and explore more!

    Julia
    http://www.thephillyphotoblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy is one of my dream destinations! I've always wanted to visit, and, just like you, I'm a nerd for ancient history! ;)

    Amelie | A Wanderer's Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from England and would highly recommend our lovely country! Obviously London is a must-see but if you like a bit of peace & quiet plus stunning scenery then definitely check out the south coast, in particular Cornwall. If you like hiking then I'd recommend the Lake District! It's absolutely gorgeous and not to totally shameless self promo myself, but I went there back in February and took loads of photos which are up on my blog if you're interested. Sorry I don't mean to advertise myself haha but just in case!
    I've been to Italy a few times and can verify that it's pretty idyllic and the food is basically perfection!
    Personally I really really want to go to the Maldives, LA and Tokyo to name a few!! Xxx

    http://www.lilyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete