SOCIAL MEDIA

The Little Things

Saturday 5 March 2016

Some weeks are full of happy days and laughter, but sadly my past week hasn't quite been one of those! It was one of those weeks where you have to make sure you focus on even the littlest things that have brought a smile to your face. So I thought it was only right that I make my Sunday post this week into a little compilation of things that have made my life just a bit more sunshiney lately!

1- I've been stuck with a yucky cold for the last couple of weeks and have basically been continually coughing and blowing my nose, which needless to say, has been making me a tad miserable! Earlier in the week my boyfriend turned up to class and told me he had a present for me...it turned out to be a little packet of Winnie the Pooh tissues. I know it sounds lame but I thought this was actually the cutest and most thoughtful gift, as he knows how much I love Winnie the Pooh and also knew that I was completely silly and forgot to buy tissues in my last grocery shop! He's a keeper!

2- It finally rained!!! Considering how ridiculously hot it has been around here lately, it has been such a relief to finally have some rain to cool it down a bit! A change in the weather can just be so refreshing, and i'm definitely really enjoying not needing to have my air conditioning on 24/7.

3. Despite being sick, I felt that this week has been really good in terms of working towards creating balance in my life. I've somehow been getting lots of work done and some blog posts too! I'm quite proud of how I've pulled through even though I'm sick and not feeling 100%

4. This week I finally bought the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara that I've been wanting for SO long! My current favourite mascara is almost completely empty, so I thought it must be a sign when I saw the Maybelline one on special! I'm so in love with it!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I'd really love to hear what little things have been making you smile lately!
Kate x

4 comments :

  1. You're so right, it's the little things that make me happy too. Well done on getting so much work done while sick! I can never write anything that resembles a sentence lol you're boyfriend is so cute bring you tissues : ) Lovely post!
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Steph! Haha yeah I'm not sure what's happened to me, usually I get nothing done when I'm sick! Have a great day :) xx

      Delete
  2. A lovely honest blog. I have been documenting my progress to becoming happier on my blog and i have realised too that it really is the little thing that matter and mean the most. You have a very lovely blog

    Sophie xx
    www.sophieblunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment Sophie, it means a lot! I just checked out your blog and it's gorgeous! Have a lovely day xx

      Delete