Bad Days Build Better Days

Monday, March 28, 2016

If you happen to be following me on Instagram, you might have noticed that it hasn't been quite as cheery as usual over the last little while. I've just been a sad little human and feeling pretty darn sorry for myself. It hurts to even type this, but my boyfriend of over a year broke up with me last week.

I've actually never had a serious breakup before, so this kind of hurt is pretty new to me. The breakup was totally unexpected (on my part!) so even the idea of us not being together is taking a while to get adjusted to.

There's been a heck of a lot of emotions going on in the last few days. I've bounced between 'I'm fine, it's all fine' to 'the world is ending, I'm never gonna survive this!' and back again basically on an hourly basis. My ex and I were friends from pretty much the first day of university (two and a bit years ago), and were best friends for a year before we got together, so I'm left with a pretty big hole in my life and heart! I've never done uni without him by my side, so learning to do it all over again on my own is going to be pretty challenging. We have all the same friendship groups and such a lot of history together, so this adjusting period is pretty tough.

Basically the last few days have involved a lot of crying and a lot of chocolate! I couldn't be more grateful for my family and best friend who keep me smiling and have my back through it all... I'm so happy that I got to come home for Easter this weekend and be surrounded by love and support. They truly are the best!

Although I'm hurting and trying to pick the pieces of my heart up off the floor, I also believe pretty strongly that everything happens for a reason. There are good things that can and will come from this breakup, even if I can't see how right now. 

I'm excited to rediscover myself and take this extra time to study, read, and just spend time with myself. I'm excited to see who I am when I'm just me again. 

I hope you all didn't mind this more personal post, I promise I'll be back to my usual self as soon as I finish sticking my heart back together again! (Lol not dramatic at all Kate...)

Much love and hugs,
Kate x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about you having a tough time, sending you a big virtual hug! I love how you're allowing yourself to be sad but at the same time keep a positve attitude & trust that you'll be fine. Keep your head up, all the love x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment and all the support Sara! It means a lot!! Hope you're having a wonderful day :) xx

      Delete