Happy Thoughts

Sunday, September 13, 2015


                              Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have

Today I thought I'd do a quick post of the things I am feeling most happy and grateful about in my life right now. Faced with such a long degree ahead of me, the continual grind of study can get the better of me sometimes. I often find myself daydreaming of better days instead of actually working towards making them happen. Today I want to take a moment to be grateful for all the wonderful things going on in my life right now.



1- Reading Harry Potter with my boyfriend
My boyfriend is not much of a reader, whilst I on the other hand can go through a whole book in one afternoon! It was just tearing me up inside to know that he had only ever seen the Harry Potter movies, and therefore did not know half the magic that can only be found in the books! I am on a mission to introduce him to Peeves, Winky and all the other wonderful characters he would otherwise never have known about, so we have been sitting down together with me reading aloud to him every couple of days. We're up to chapter 4 of the first book and he seems to be enjoying it more each time, which of course makes me very happy! I have high hopes that we may actually keep this up and finish the first book-fingers crossed!

2. Facetime calls with my wonderful family
I am a real family person, and I honestly cannot explain how sad it makes me to be living 5 hours drive from home and only seeing my family every couple of months! I miss the food, the hugs, the jokes and just the wonderful atmosphere of love and support we have at home-college life just seems so harsh in comparison most of the time. Talking to my family and seeing their lovely faces this morning just made me so much calmer and happier-I truly am blessed to have such an amazing family!

3. Studying Medicine
I so often get caught up in the difficulty and stress of my course and forget how lucky I am to be here in the first place. Although I often lose sight of it, being a doctor truly is my dream job and I am so looking forward to the days where I can actually start making a difference. It's so hard to see where it's all leading to when you're stuck in a classroom learning endless theory and anatomy, but I have to remind myself that it will be so worth it in the end!

4. Friends who understand
I find that the amount of true friends I have becomes less the older I have become. However, my best friend from high school is at college with me here and it is truly wonderful how she is still by my side after all these years. No one else understands me like she does, and she is always there with a shoulder to cry on and some sensible advice whenever I need it. Although I'm always super busy and sometimes don't see her for days on end (despite living just across college from each other!), she never holds it against me and is always there for a walk and chat whenever I have a moment. I honestly can't express how grateful I am to have had such a beautiful soul in my life for the last 7 years!

I think that's all for tonight-wishing you all a happy Sunday and a week full of sunshine ahead! Let me know what you're feeling grateful for today!
Kate x


You Might Also Like

0 comments