One Day

Friday, July 31, 2015

One day I'm going to be standing up on that stage, getting my degree handed to me, and this will all be worth it.
One day I'm going to be confident with all these skills I have to learn, and I'll think back fondly to when I learnt them for the very first time.
One day I'm going to travel all the places I've dreamed of going and my soul will be happy and free. I'll make friends and laugh and dance in far off countries with people that make my heart sing.
One day I'm going to have my own room in a little GP surgery, maybe in England somewhere, and I'll have patients that love and trust me. I'll be making a difference every single day and this will all be so, so worth it.

One day I will have a bookshelf big enough for all my books and they'll never have to be hidden away in boxes anymore.
One day I'll bring home my golden retriever puppy, and it will be wonderful and exciting and the start of a lovely new adventure.
One day I'll get married and everyone I love most will be there around me.
One day I'll bring home my newborn child, and nothing will ever be the same again.
One day, I'm going to have kids of my own. I'm going to read to them, have the pleasure of introducing them to worlds and creatures they've never dreamed of. Harry Potter will be our best friend and we will go on adventures to Redwall. Afterwards, I'll cook a Redwall recipe and we can have a feast of our own. We'll have picnics in the garden, chase each other with the hose, and the world will be bright and full of laughter.
One day I'll be an aunty.
One day Mum and Dad will come over for dinner, but they'll be 'Gran and Grandad' by then.
There are beaches to run on, mountains to climb, so many sights to be seen, and so so so much love to be had.
The future is bright. One day this will all be worth it.


***
This week was my first back at uni, so I was finding it pretty tough getting used to the huge workload and being away from my family again. This little passage was something I sat down and wrote for myself yesterday morning, to try and remind myself what I'm doing this for. Yes, right now is tough, but it's not always going to be like that. Better days are coming and there is so much to look forward to!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that the sun is shining wherever you are!
Kate x

You Might Also Like

0 comments